The information provided is for informational purposes only, and does not serve as an endorsement or recommendation by Spectrum of Hope Foundation. Parents must make independent inquiry to determine what is appropriate for their child’s individual needs.
(1) See it for yourself, the compelling video clips of the actual Lovaas study:
(2) Los Angeles Families for Effective Autism Treatment: www.lafeat.org
Be sure to check out their list of local providers and professionals for top-notch ABA agencies, independent assessment, and special education lawyers.
(3)Autism Amazingly informational website created by a father of a child with autism: http://rsaffran.tripod.com/aba.html
(4) Disability Rights California
Be sure to check out their excellent publication “Special Education, Rights and Responsibilities”:
(5) IDEA website from the U.S. Department of Education:https://sites.ed.gov/idea/statuteregulations/
(6) California Education Code: http://policy.microscribepub.com/cgi-bin/om_isapi.dll?clientID=95992949&infobase=casernl&softpage=PL_frame
(7) Office of Administrative Hearing in California https://www.dgs.ca.gov/OAH/Case-Types/Special-Education
(8) Information on Regional Centers: https://www.dds.ca.gov/RC/
(9) California Lanterman Acthttp://www.dds.ca.gov/Statutes/LantermanAct.cfm
(10) COPAA (Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates) www.copaa.org
(11) Association for Science in Autism Treatment www.asatonline.org
Great reference books:
- Let Me Hear Your Voice: A Family’s Triumph over Autism (Catherine Maurice, Ballantine Books, 1994)
- Behavioral Intervention for Young Children with Autism: A Manual for Parents and Professionals, (Edited by Catherine Maurice, Gina Greene and Stephen C. Luce, Pro-Ed, 1996).
- A Work in Progress: Behavioral Management Strategies and a Curriculum for Intensive Behavioral Treatment of Autism (Ron Leaf and John McEachin, Editors, DRL Books, 1999, approximately 400 pages). This wonderful manual, which also is available in Spanish and Korean (see below), describes the fundamentals of intensive behavioral intervention in plain English, with clear teaching guidelines, concrete examples, and a fully developed curriculum.
자폐증치료를위한 ABA 프로그램-Ron Leaf, John McEachin저/ 정경미, 스펙트럼호프재단역, 학지사, 2013년 04월http://www.bandibookus.com/front/product/detailProduct.do?prodId=3618292&viewType=review